cebas Visual Technology Inc. announces the release of its latest Service Pack 6 for finalRender 3.5 and finalRender 3.5 SE as well as for the integrated and standalone finalToon. Service Pack 6 offers workflow enhancements as well as stability improvements. Distributed Network Rendering (DR) has been fine-tuned and enhanced. New service pack also brings some changes and bug fixes, e.g. adaptive QMC Global Illumination Engine is enhanced for a better performance with DR (Distributed Rendering) when rendering the same frame on multiple PCs. New service pack you can download when you follow link at the end of this article.
What new you can find in Service Pack 6:
- Rectangular Light: shadows in realistic decay mode are now improved allowing the shadow of the rectangular light to provide scenes that are closer to real world effects
- Adaptive QMC Global Illumination Engine is modified to avoid creating defective solution files with DR upon rendering. The solution files are global illumination cache files, which store the global illumination of a scene and can then be used to speed up rendering or to avoid flickering in animations.
- HarmonicsGI has been enhanced and optmized as well to properly support distributed network rendering (DR).
- Reported artifacts in caused by HarmonicsGI and rendering with DR have been isolated and solved.
- Render Elements now offer a new feature "Include Atmospherics" controlling where Alpha from the Volumetric Light (atmospherics) can be applied in the Alpha Render Element through an optional switch.
- Exclude/Include lists for objects within Render Elements is now properly supported when rendering with DR. Users can exclude unwanted objects from their scenes/images on multiple machines with no occurring faults or errors.
- fR Advanced Material now has a reflect/refract material ID option feature.
- A reflect/refract material ID option has alos been added in fR Architectural material. The ID can now be reflected in a mirror as well as refracted in glass when an object is seen in a mirror or through a glass.
- finalToon no longer faces technical issues when a finalRender proxy is used in a scene.
- finalToon now properly generates lines and toon effects for fR proxy objects.
- finalToon Problems with camera clipping planes are fixed and capable of producing accurate results.
Source and full article: cebas
Tags: 3d rendering software, 3D renderer, render farm, photorealistic rendering, 3d visualization, cebas, finalRender, render engine for 3DsMax