Autodesk released Product Update 7 for 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design 2012. There are a considerable number of fixes in this update. The fixes relieves to animation (Constrained points were adversely affected by CATmode or The buttons on the Tangents toolbar in Track View now work correctly), Materials, Modeling, Performance, Rendering and much more. This update you can download from Autodesk website or when you will follow link below.
Some of changes:
- Constrained points were adversely affected by CATmode. They now behave correctly.
- The buttons on the Tangents toolbar in Track View now work correctly.
- A performance issue in Track View related to some MAXScript commands was identified and fixed.
- Biped twist bone locations now work properly when saving and loading the scene.
- Fixed a program error when loading the sample file radiosity.max.
- The Bitmap/Photometric Path Editor utility would cause a program error if “Include Materials Editor” was turned on. This has been fixed.
- When using a large-scale unit a dialog has been suppressed for Send To workflows.
- An update was done for the online help to work better with Proxy servers.
- When using custom DirectX FX shaders, writing to and reading from an off-screen buffer did not work. This has been fixed.
- A performance degradation over time was identified and has been fixed.
- Hidden objects were being evaluated and slowing performance hit. Hidden objects are no longer evaluated.
- Using “Save File Properties” was very slow when the scene had a large number of textures. This has been fixed.
- Multi/Sub-object materials were causing a significant slowdown in translation time. This has been fixed.
- Indirect Illumination shadows were far less obvious than they should be in Quicksilver renderings. This has been fixed.
- When rendering via Deadline a file load issue has been resolved. Deadline now renders correctly.
Source: AutodeskTags: 3d animation software, autodesk university, 3d modeling software, 3DsMax, Autodesk, Adobe Photoshop, 3DsMax Design, product update