Pixologic released a new update of their digital sculpting and painting program ZBrush 4R4. ZBrush revolutionized the 3D industry with its powerful features and intuitive workflows giving the artist all the tools needed to quickly sketch out a 2D or 3D concept and then take that idea all the way to completion. The new and free update ZBrush 4R4 gives the artist even more freedom and more design possibilities than ever before. The update adds over 30 new features including; Insert Multi Mesh Brushes (IMM), Tri Part Multi Mesh Brushes (Tri IMM), QRemesher Alpha, Topology Brush, ZBrush additions such as new brushes, tools and geometry and more. Between the new features belongs also raised undo history. Now ZBrush stores up to 10,000 levels of undo history without impacting your computer's memory needs.
This is another major update within a year after realising ZBrush 4 and its free for all registered users for Windows and OS X. A short list about the new features is available below together with a video presenting some of them.
- IMM Insert Multi Mesh Brushes combine entire libraries of objects into a single brush. Select from any object within the brush, then insert it into your model. Easily convert any Tool to an Insert brush with a single click. If your Tool has multiple SubTools, an Insert Multi Mesh brush will be created, allowing you to select from any of its objects at any time.
- Tri IMM Tri Part Multi Mesh Brushes advances the Insert Brush features even further, using PolyGroups to define end cap objects along with a middle segment. When you draw a curve, the end caps will be placed at either end with the middle segment being duplicated along the curve's length. Instantly build chains, zippers and other complex shapes in full 3D. In addition to Tri IMM, the new Curve Brushes can be used to draw almost anything!
- QRemesherAlpha frees you from the complex tasks of creating new model topology. QRemesher can automatically or semi-automatically clean up your mesh topology. Special automasking and other control features including curve guides let you control the retopology, when necessary, to get the best results quickly and easily.
- Topology Brushprovides manual control over topology creation for those times when you wish to re-topologize your work with precision. It uses ZBrush 4R4's optimized curve engine to let you draw new polygons on the fly, after which a simple click on the support surface instantly generates the new polygons -- with or without thickness. Build form-fitting props complete with thickness or redesign a partial surface, ready to replace part of your existing mesh.
- New preset brushes provide examples of how to take advantage of ZBrush 4R4's key features: Curve Strap, Curve Track, Insert types and more.
- Create Insert and Multi Mesh Insert brushes with a single click.
- Insert Brushes now use the brush Imbed setting to define the depth of the insertion.
- Insert Brushes now use the Z Intensity setting to apply a squash factor along the insertion normal.
Tool and Geometry
- Maximum DynaMesh resolution has been increased to 2048.
- Mask Peaks and Valleys function detects portions of the mesh with the greatest detail density. This function is used internally by QRemesher but is also available for general use via the AutoMasking options.
- Quickly create a PolyGroup from a mask. This is especially useful with the new topology replacement features.
- New Cluster option for the Group Visible function controls the way its randomization will act.
- XPose now displays the SubTools as a contact sheet.
- Improved notification when saving large projects. (2Gb to 4Gb)
- New SubTool commands Delete All and Delete Other help to quickly clean your projects.
- Improved overall Projection speed.
- ZBrush preferences settings are now stored in a Public folder for improved permissions compatibility with Windows and Mac.
More at: PixologicTags: 3d animation software, 3d modeling software, architectural visualization, ZBrush, digital sculpting software, painting software, ZBrush 4R4