In this video tutorial for 3ds Max called “Modeling Interior Chairs” we will show you how easy are to model different chairs from the interior using a reference in Autodesk 3ds Max. We will start with a simple chair and go through different shapes of different chairs. Like this we will model together five chairs using a reference picture and poly-modeling technique. Starting from a primitive object in 3ds Max we will shape the model using editable poly to a shape like on the reference. Using subdivision and smooth modifier we will achieve smooth look of all our models.
At the end we will use our new material library to apply materials, create lightning for a scene and render using mental ray. The last will be some post production in Photoshop using blending option of layers.
- Modeling five different chairs in 3ds Max
- All chairs will be modeled according a reference
- Starting from a primitive
- Using editable poly to add details
- Smoothing the object using turbosmooth
- Using our material library for materials
- Lightning using MR Photometric Lights
- Rendering with Mental Ray
- Post production in Photoshop
- 3ds Max 2012
- Photoshop (optional)