To create smooth and perfect looking objects in 3ds Max is one of the points of this tutorial. We will focus on creating three different types of rings on which we will demonstrate advanced poly modeling with respect on the geometry which will allow us to create smooth and clean models without any crack in the geometry. The details of the rings we create by using functions which will allow us to make nice and smooth details on our model and his accessories.
After we will create a basic scene, materials in Mental Ray and lighting which we will use by the final render. At final we will get in touch with some post production Photoshop. A quick gallery from the tutorial, download links and the tutorial you can find at the bottom of this article. If you like the tutorial, want to suggest something or post your work, leave a comment on the forum.
- Modeling three different kind of rings
- Using poly modeling technique from a primitive
- Using poly functions to make the details
- Creating jewelry in 3ds Max
- Basic materials in Mental Ray
- Basic lightning and render settings in Mental Ray
- Post production in Photoshop
- 3ds Max 2012
- Photoshop (optional)